Taken from Allrecipes.com
Tested by DC, BIL, DH, and YCGP
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 pound Polish kielbasa
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375*. Using two long sheets of aluminum foil on top of each other, fold one long edge together and open out to make a large sheet of foil. Line a 13x9 pan with the foil, allowing edges to hang outside pan
- Arrange the sliced potatoes, overlapping slightly, in bottom of pan. Pepper to taste. Top with half of the cheese. Cut sausage in half crosswise and lengthwise and place, cut side down on top. Top with remaining cheese, the dill weed, caraway seed and milk. Seal edges of foil tightly.
- Bake at 375* for 1 hour.
What I did: I added more potatoes to it and it was WONDERFUL!
What will I do next time: Use more potatoes, lowfat cheese, maybe I will try the sweet potatoes. :) Enjoy!