Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins

Pumpkin Muffins
Taken from...ME!
Tested by DC, DH, and YCGP.

Ingredients:

2 cups of pumpkin butter
2 1/4 cups of flour
1 cup of quick cooking oats
3/4 cup of sugar
2 teaspoons of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
2/3 cup of applesauce
3 eggs

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 350*.  Grease muffin tins (makes 24 muffins).
2.  In a large bowl, stir together flour, oats, sugar, baking soda, and baking powder.  In a separate bowl, beat together pumpkin butter, applesauce, and eggs.  Stir pumpkin mixture into flour mixture until smooth.  Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
3.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.

Guinea Pig rating:  **** (4/5)

What I did:  For the applesauce, I used some cinnamon flavored applesauce.  I ran out of my regular applesauce!
What will I do differently next time:  Add raisins next time!  YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment