Friday, September 10, 2010

Sweet Tooth Recipes!

I have been in the mood for sweets lately!  I have been desperately trying NOT to give in to my desires!  So instead I will post some recipes that I LOVE!


Coffee Pie
Taken from a friend.
Tested by many!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
1 pint whipping cream
2 Tbsp instant coffee
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 Oreo crust

Directions:

1.  Melt chocolate chips in microwave.
2.  Mix whipping cream, instant coffee, sugar and vanilla in separate bowl.  Whip for 6-7 minutes until it forms a peak.
3.  Take 1 1/2 cups of whipped cream out.  Fold in melted chocolate with leftover cream.
4.  Place chocolate cream in crust first and then the regular cream on top.
5.  Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top for decoration.
6.  Refridgerate for about 3 hours.

Guinea Pig rating:  ***** (5/5)

What I did:  I have made this several times.  A couple of times I have even frozen the pie and the pie has a different texture.

What will I do differently next time:  Nothing!

**Warning - This does have caffine, so if you don't drink coffee...take small pieces.**

No comments:

Post a Comment