I am visiting my parents for Labor Day, but I just finished making pizza for all of us. So I decided that I should share the pizza dough recipe!
Pizza Dough Recipe
Taken from my mom
Tested by so many people I can't name them all!
1 packet of yeast (1 Tbsp)
3/4 cup of warm water
1/4 cup of sugar
2 Tbsp of oil
2 cups of flour
1. Stir yeast into water and let it sit for about 5 minutes.
2. Mix sugar and oil in large bowl. Add water mixture and stir.
3. Add flour and stir until flour is mixed in.
4. Sprinkle extra flour onto counter and dump dough out. Knead dough until dough no longer sticks to the counter. Place into greased bowl and cover with damp towel. Let rise until dough has doubled in size.
5. Preheat oven to 425*. Place dough in greased pizza pan and top with favorite toppings. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool slightly; cut and serve.
Guinea Pig rating: ***** (5/5)
What I do: I use my Kitchen Aid dough hook and let that knead the dough for me. If I want to make more than 1 pizza, I double all the ingredients, except the yeast! When you bake the 2 pizzas, switch their postitions halfway through cook time to ensure both pizzas get cooked evenly.
What would I do differently next time: I love trying new toppings and changing thngs up a bit. Right now I am on a sauceless trend with veggies and feta on it. When doing a sauceless pizza, spread garlic and oil in place of sauce, before putting on other toppings! YUM!