Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Banana Bread

Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Taken from MOMYS Cookbook
Tested August 30, 2010, by DH, DC, and YCGP

Ingredients:

5-6 bananas
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 tsp. of vanilla
2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350*.  Mash bananas.  Add sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla.  Blend well.  Add flours, soda, and salt; stir well to be sure there are no clumps of flour or soda.  Pour batter into greased pans appox. 2/3 full.  Bake a 350* for about 45-60 minutes for large loaves, until toothpick comes out clean.

Guinea Pig Rating: ***** (5/5)

What I did:  I used 5 bananas and there was still plenty of flavour.  Besides that, I followed the recipe!
What will I do differently next time:  Next time I think I will add in blueberries to make Blueberry Banana bread!  Ahh, that is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment