Sunday, August 22, 2010

Breakfast Casserole

Breakfast Casserole
Taken from MOMYS Cookbook
Tasted by dc, dh, and YCGP

Ingredients:

1 2-lb bag frozen hash browns
1 lb breakfast sausage
1 lg onion
1 lb cheddar cheese
10 eggs
2 tsp pepper

Directions:

Heat oven to 400*.  Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Cook the sausage with the onion.  Place the hash browns into prepared pan, then top with the cooded meat & onions.  Sprinkle cheese on top of the meat.  Whisk eggs with pepper and pour over the cheese.  Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes.

Guinea Pig rating:  **** (4/5) - and this rating is without the onion or cheddar cheese!  My girls didn't go for it at breakfast, but loved it at lunch.  Toddlers...picky eaters!

What I did:  No onion in my house, so I skipped it.  Cheddar cheese was replaced with a mixture of the following cheeses - Mozzerella, fresh parmesan, and Monterey Jack.

What will I do next time:  Have cheddar cheese and onion in my house so that I can make the casserole correctly!

**Overall, breakfast was WONDERFUL, but I don't even want to think how many calories is in this meal.  And we had leftovers for lunch when we got back from church.  Even so, we still have leftovers in the fridge.**

No comments:

Post a Comment