This is a good favorite of ours. So easy to make and wonderful to eat. Almost too good!!
Tested DH, DC, and YCGP
3 cups of flour
1 cup of milk
1 cup of sugar
5 Tablespoons of butter
5 Tablespoons of shortening
3 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
1 cup of melted butter
1 cup of sugar blended with 1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
1. Grease 12 muffin cups and preheat oven to 350*.
2. Cream together the butter, shortening, and the sugar.
3. Beat in the eggs, salt, nutmeg, and baking powder.
4. Stir in the flour and milk alternately until mixture is just combined.
5. Fill muffin cups to the top.
6. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for a few minutes. With each muffin, dip in the melted butter and roll in the cinnamon sugar blend.
Guinea Pig rating: ***** (5/5)
What I did: I follow the recipe and it is DELICIOUS!
What will I do next time: I will change NOTHING!