Taken from Allrecipes.com
Tested by DH, DC, BILs, & YCGP
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package spice cake mix
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
What I did: I followed the recipe exactly as it is written!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix, baking soda and ginger. Make a well in the center and pour in the water, molasses and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly blended. Roll into 10 balls and place them 3 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheets. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until the tops are cracked and cookies are firm. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
What will I do differently next time: Nothing! The cookies were wonderful!