Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins
Taken from Allrecipes.com
Tested by DH, DC, and YCGP
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
Guinea Pig Rating: ***** (5/5)
- Preheat oven to 375*. Grease 12 muffin cups.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in medium bowl. In a small bowl, sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons flour over blueberries, and set aside. (This simple trick will keep you from having "purple" batter)
- In a large bowl, beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, and stir in vanilla and lemon zest. Fold in dry ingredients alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries. Remember, fold gently, don't stir. Spoon batter into prepared cups.
- For Topping: combine flour, sugar ,and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut inbutter with fork or pastry blender until mixture resembles course crumbs. Sprinkle over batter in muffin cups.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack.
What I did: I followed the recipe, except for the lemon zest and salt.
What will I do next time: Add a 1/4 cup more milk to make the dough a little thinner, but it still tasted AWESOME!!!!